Ecstatic Dance Community Agreements:
To maintain ulitmate freedom we agree to the follwoing:
- Ecstatic dance is a freeform dance - feel free to dance as you please.
- Opening and closing the dance together honours community and creates intention.
- Ecstatic dance welcomes you to make sounds on the dance floor. If you wish to engage in conversation, please do so in the front room.
- Ecstatic Dance encourages barefoot dancing (unless a medical condition or flooring prohibits).
- Ecstatic dance is a drug and alcohol free event, inviting you to reach your own natural state of ecstasy.
- Ecstatic dance welcomes solo dancers as well as partner dancers. Awarenes allows us to respect each other’s space.
Dancing with others:
- listen for a Yes (get eye contact first)
- respect any no (like when they are ignoring you)
- respect the Solo Dancers’ Right to their Space -hands in prayer at heart means: „ I see you, and thank you for the dance (that just ended).“